The Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CornerLog in

descriptionLast Deep-Coal Mine in Britain Closes EmptyLast Deep-Coal Mine in Britain Closes

more_horiz
BBC News wrote:
Miners at a North Yorkshire colliery have finished their final shifts as the closure of the pit brings an end to centuries of deep coal mining in Britain.
Owner UK Coal said it would oversee the rundown of the Kellingley mine before the site was redeveloped.
Unions said it was a "very sad day" for the country as well as the industry.
The last 450 miners at the pit are to receive severance packages at 12 weeks of average pay.

What do you folks think? The developed world seems to be slowly, but surely, losing its share of global manufacturing output.

descriptionLast Deep-Coal Mine in Britain Closes EmptyRe: Last Deep-Coal Mine in Britain Closes

more_horiz
If we elect Trump he won't let them outsource our jobs. Too bad England won't do anything like he will

descriptionLast Deep-Coal Mine in Britain Closes EmptyRe: Last Deep-Coal Mine in Britain Closes

more_horiz
So sad that the Ministry of Business has let this happened

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply