The Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CornerLog in

descriptionCoffee Lovers Thread EmptyCoffee Lovers Thread

more_horiz
Hi, i didn't see any thread on coffee making method. Hence i would like to start one here. Been a addicted to Melbourne coffee since i am back from there. They seriosly having a stong coffee culture there. Love love love their latte. The creama is perfectly there. Espresso in the other hand are an eye opener there. To cut the crap, here to share my method of brewing my own cup of coffee.. Btw, i am using I using the following bean. Proud Mary Angel Wing (Hse blend), Seven seeds single origin - Honduras Finca El Naranjo and Nicaragua Javanica, Highlander Supremo Blend (Hse Blend), Tesco finest Costa Rica (This is ground coffee)

Coffee Lovers Thread Post-75119-1348643896

French Press - Cappuccino

1. Freshly grind 7-8g of fresh coffee bean (coarse type)
2. 100ml hot water bout 90 deg ish. (boiled it until bubbling and rest it for 20 seconds)
3. Pour the water into the freshly grinded coffee in the french press.
4. Set timer for 3 minutes.
5. While waiting for coffee, boiled Farmhouse milk for 45 seconds
6. Pour out press coffee into coffee mug
7. Pour the Farmhouse milk into a cup and frothed it with milk frother.
8. Slowly pour out the milk and used spoon to block the foam.
9. Lastly pour the foam on top and sprinkle some chocolate powder/cinnamon/nutmeg (whichever u like) on the foam.
* add chocolate syrup or powder if wanna make mocha

descriptionCoffee Lovers Thread EmptyRe: Coffee Lovers Thread

more_horiz
Coffee Lovers Thread MokaPot2
Since you mentioned Melbourne, would have expect you to use moka pot.

more_horiz
I am actually searching for Bialetti Brikka that are different from conventional moka pot but couldnt find (or at least see it) it anywhere in Msia or Melb. This Bialetti Brikka can produce crema! Laughing
Know where i can get it?

more_horiz
What kind of cappuccino blasphemy is this!? Skimmed milk? Boiled? Yuck! I spot the Aeropress among your coffee toys and yet you went with the French press. Really? And I didn't see a grinder in the picture, but I sure hope you didn't use a blade grinder to go with that French press.

I'm sure you love your coffee but even Starbucks put more love into their coffee making. You have an Aeropress, use it. It has the best extraction outside of an espresso machine. And throw away that skimmed milk and get yourself REAL milk. That disgusting thing has no place in the kitchen.

more_horiz
Moosh wrote:
What kind of cappuccino blasphemy is this!? Skimmed milk? Boiled? Yuck! I spot the Aeropress among your coffee toys and yet you went with the French press. Really? And I didn't see a grinder in the picture, but I sure hope you didn't use a blade grinder to go with that French press.

I'm sure you love your coffee but even Starbucks put more love into their coffee making. You have an Aeropress, use it. It has the best extraction outside of an espresso machine. And throw away that skimmed milk and get yourself REAL milk. That disgusting thing has no place in the kitchen.

I belive everyone having their own taste. My cappucino could be your latte and my defination of the taste might be different from you. Doesnt need all the bashing bro..

Here i prefer French Press as Aeropress tend to be too smooth. I prefer my coffee to be a little dirty. Btw, i do interchange French Press and Aeropress accordingly. If using Aeropress i prefer it to be inverted method as i find Aeropress coffee filters out oil. Oh yeah, i do own a Skerton grinder.

Skim milk is used as it produce nicely froth milk as it bubble rather fine. Yes, i prefer full cream Farmhouse over any skim milk. Appreciate your feedback bro but stay the bashing low. Afterall, we are here to share and learn.

more_horiz
Adrian wrote:
Moosh wrote:

I belive everyone having their own taste. My cappucino could be your latte and my defination of the taste might be different from you. Doesnt need all the bashing bro..

Here i prefer French Press as Aeropress tend to be too smooth. I prefer my coffee to be a little dirty. Btw, i do interchange French Press and Aeropress accordingly. If using Aeropress i prefer it to be inverted method as i find Aeropress coffee filters out oil. Oh yeah, i do own a Skerton grinder.

Skim milk is used as it produce nicely froth milk as it bubble rather fine. Yes, i prefer full cream Farmhouse over any skim milk. Appreciate your feedback bro but stay the bashing low. Afterall, we are here to share and learn.

Thank god, faith in humanity restored. I thought you're just just a crazy coffee bandwagoner. And I understand what you mean about Aeropress being too smooth, though I reckon it's more to do with sediments and steep time than coffee oil, but I'm not 100% on this. But whatever floats your boat....

Still, skimmed milk is EVIL. It's devil food. It should be banned forever and people who drink it should be thrown in jail.

more_horiz
Moosh wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Moosh wrote:

Thank god, faith in humanity restored. I thought you're just just a crazy coffee bandwagoner. And I understand what you mean about Aeropress being too smooth, though I reckon it's more to do with sediments and steep time than coffee oil, but I'm not 100% on this. But whatever floats your boat....

Still, skimmed milk is EVIL. It's devil food. It should be banned forever and people who drink it should be thrown in jail.

Yes, smooth here being defined by the sendiment. Just to add up the filteration of the oil as well. The grind setting for Aeropress need to be finer comparable with French Press which is coarse grind.

more_horiz
hey, nice to see someone who prefers French Press, I have both the Press and Drip at home, but I prefer the Press, tried Aeropress twice but haven't got the urge to buy it yet.

I am very shocked that you do latte with french press, I always thought they can only be done with a clean cup. Do you do anything to remove the "mud"? I own a Krups GVX2 grinder and I find that it creates more mud than those pre-ground coffee I bought from SF Coffee.

more_horiz
4intheair wrote:
hey, nice to see someone who prefers French Press, I have both the Press and Drip at home, but I prefer the Press, tried Aeropress twice but haven't got the urge to buy it yet.

I am very shocked that you do latte with french press, I always thought they can only be done with a clean cup. Do you do anything to remove the "mud"? I own a Krups GVX2 grinder and I find that it creates more mud than those pre-ground coffee I bought from SF Coffee.

With Hario skerton, I set the burr grinder anywhere from 2-3 notches. Of course I wont get those superb latte but it's good enought to kick my day. Very Happy

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply